The Hong Kong Mediation Council (HKMC), a division of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC), is offering a mediation training course designed for individuals who are interested to become accredited mediators. The course will cover the following topics:
- The key principles of mediation as a means of dispute resolution;
- Principles of interest-based negotiation;
- The process of facilitative mediation model;
- The role of a mediator
- Mediator's skills and techniques
- Ethical code of mediators
- Drafting settlement agreement; and
- Role of lawyers and advisors in mediation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Legal practitioners, service professionals, government officers, corporate executives, senior management, corporate communications managers and dispute resolution practitioners.
- The course will be taught in English.
- This is a 40-hour mediation training course conducted over a period of 6 days (see schedule below).
- The course is pending accreditation by the Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited ("HKMAAL")
- Day 1: Sunday 31st March 2019, 09:30am to 06:30pm;
- Day 2: Tuesday 2nd April 2019, 06:30pm to 10:30pm;
- Day 3: Thursday 4th April 2019, 06:30pm to 10:30pm;
- Day 4: Friday 5th April 2019, 09:30am to 06:30pm
- Day 5: Saturday 6th April 2019, 09:30am to 06:30pm; and
- Day 6: Sunday 7th April 2019, 09:30am to 06:30pm
- Standard: HK$15,000
- Early Bird:HK$13,000 (expire by 6:00pm Saturday 16 March 2019)
(upon registration, please post a cheque (payee: "Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre - Hong Kong Mediation Council") to 38/F, Two
Exchange Square, 8 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 2525 2381