The Hong Kong Mediation Council (HKMC), a division of the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC), is offering a mediation training course designed for individuals who are interested in becoming accredited mediators. The course will cover the following topics:
- The key principles of mediation as a means of dispute resolution;
- Principles of interest-based negotiation;
- The process of facilitative mediation model;
- The role of a mediator
- Mediator's skills and techniques
- Ethical code of conduct for mediators
- Drafting settlement agreements; and
- Role of lawyers and advisors in mediation
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- Legal practitioners, service professionals, government officers, corporate executives, senior management, corporate communications managers and dispute resolution practitioners.
- The course will be taught in Cantonese with English materials
- This is a 40-hour mediation training course conducted over a period of 5 days (see schedule below).
- The course is pending accreditation by the Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited ("HKMAAL"), and would seek CPD accreditation from the Law Society of Hong Kong
9:00am to 06:15pm - 8 hour sessions on each day:
- Day 1: Saturday 17 July 2021;
- Day 2: Sunday 18 July 2021;
- Day 3: Saturday 24 July 2021;
- Day 4: Sunday 25 July 2021; and
- Day 5: Saturday 31 July 2021
(subject to the CO-VID19 situation in Hong Kong, this Course could be conducted either in a physical classroom, or in hybrid mode (online teaching + face-to-face exercises)
- Standard: HK$15,000*
- Early Bird:HK$13,000* (expire by 6:00pm Saturday 17th June 2021)
*Remarks: if you are a current member of the HKIAC Users' Council, you can enjoy a further discount of HK$1,000.
(upon registration, please post a cheque (payee: "HKIAC - Hong Kong Mediation Council") to Hong Kong Mediation Council(38/F, Two Exchange Square, 8 Connaught Place, Central, Hong Kong).
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 2525 2381