The Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) is pleased to host its second biennial Hong Kong Business and Legal Summit with a focus on Africa. Together with the Asian-African Legal Consultative Organisation (AALCO), this Summit will bring together business leaders and legal experts to discuss the opportunities and challenges of investing in Africa. This theme is highly relevant as China's investments into Africa gather further momentum under the Belt and Road Initiative.
- The African-Asian century? The economic rise of the regional relationship
- Overview of Africa's economic direction and investment opportunities
- Chinese projects in Africa: The Chinese company perspective
- Project finance in Africa-Asia deals: Who pays and what are the risks?
- Getting the deal done: Africa-China dialogue on energy and infrastructure
- Planning ahead: Effective strategies for mitigating risk
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- In-house counsel, service professionals, corporate executives, government officers, senior management, transnational and dispute resolution practitioners.
CPD points pending approval.
- In-house counsel - Free of charge
- Members of HKIAC Users Council - HK$1,200
- Members of supporting organisations (AALCO, HKGCC, AfricArb, AYA, AIIL, HKCEA, In-house Community (except in-house counsel), HKTDC) - HK$900
- Non-members - HK$1,500